Yesterday we celebrated Bretton's 11th birthday with most of the family. Bethany, Emily, Ashley and I were able to make it to the party. We had a blast telling stories about Bretton when he was a cute little infant and toddler. We also had so much fun playing games with the boys. Earlier this weekend Ashley and I beat the whole Haug family at Settlers of Catan (our first time playing). The boys couldn't stop talking trash about killing us the next time around, but alas we didn't have time last time to play Haug vs. Haug part deux. We will prevail again!
Ashley and I had such a good time eating with the family and playing games. Most of all, we were so happy to celebrate the birth of one of our favorite people on earth. We love Bretton so much. From the time that Bretton's personality first began to emerge I recognized that Bretton was one of the most sensitive and loving people I had ever meet. He has continued to treasure that sensitivity to become a good brother, son, and future priesthood holder. I am so thankful for such a wonderful brother. I think he turned out all right (even after I threw him so high that he hit the ceiling when we was a baby).
Ashley and I also had a great time this weekend listening to general conference and spending time with her family. On Saturday afternoon we helped Grandma and Marian work on the garden while we listened to conference. Ashley was so excited to plant little onions and, yes Dave, beets (we'll get you again). We also had a great time at Ashley parents' place. We got to watch the afternoon session on Sunday there. Beforehand Sean made the best homemade pasta and Dee made two awesome sauces.
I had a great time during conference. It really provided some spiritual renewal that I need during this incredibly stressful semester. I also noticed a real emphasis on the internal Church. I particularly enjoyed the talks from Elder Oaks, Elder Ballard, President Uchtdorf (Priesthood especially), and our new prophet President Monson. President Monson was so funny and personal. I really felt like the mantel has fallen upon him (I don't think he used a single poem).
Thank you all for being my family. I love you all.
Jordan
3 comments:
Sunday afternoon was so nice and relaxing with you guys. I wish every Sunday could be like that. BTW, Ashley deserves the credit for the very popular marinara sauce. Keep your eyes on her--she's a rising young chef ready to take over Sandra Lee's world! Go Ash!
Thanks! I love to cook!
Hadn't checked your website for awhile, so hadn't seen this entry. I'll definitely share it with Bretton-- I know he'll appreciate it as I do.
And don't get TOO cocky about winning round 2 of CATAN- Haug v. Haug. I wasn't playing, so you've yet to have a REAL test...
Post a Comment