Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

It was a year ago today that we announced to our families that Ashley was pregnant and would be a full blown mother in 7 1/2 months. Well, now our precious Kimball is a constant reminder of how blessed we are to have Ashley in our family. She is a wonderful mother and the perfect companion and wife. I love her so much and am so thankful for all the sacrifices she has made to make our little family possible.



I think it is also appropriate to thank our mothers, for without them none of this would have been possible. Judy Haug and Deon Sagers have been two of the best examples of loving mothers we could possibly ask for.



I always knew that my mother's first priority was her children. She always took the time to talk to me, let me help make dessert, and read to me. I can credit my mother for helping me learn to love books. My mother has always been close to my heart and is the only mother for me. My mom was there for us at some of our most trying times after Kimball was born. She slept on a air mattress at our apartment time after time so that we could get some much needed sleep. I think she may have literally kept us from losing our minds.



Deon was an incredible mother to Ashley. Ashley credits nearly every positive thing in her life to the influence of her mother. I know that one of Ashley's deepest desires is to be a mother to Kimball like Deon was to her. I too am thankful for Deon's loving care for Ashley through out her life and her continued care for our sweet little boy. We couldn't do without you!

We'd also like to thank all of the aunts, great-aunts, and great-grandmas who are like second mothers to Kimball and us. We love you too!

4 comments:

Beth said...

What a great tribute to mothers! Well done!

Deon said...

Wow. I'm humbled by the praise. And I'm humbled by the awesome opportunity to be the mom to my sweet little Ashley. She came already extraordinary--it wasn't anything I did, that's for sure. And I'm humbled that you would allow me to have such a big part in Kimball's life. After all, it is the loves in our life that really matter. And I love you guys!!!

Unknown said...

How sweet! I don't think (or at least I didn't) that we know exactly what our mothers do/did for us until we become parents ourselves! You guys are incredibly lucky to have two amazing women in your lives!

Ashley said...

Thanks sweetheart! I love you and Kimball so much. Your tributes go the same for me too!