Monday, April 20, 2009
Way to go, Kimball!
Today Kimball had another MRI at Primary Children's Hospital. He was fully sedated, which meant he was pretty cranky when he came out of it, and he's still a little cranky for that matter. But that's ok, because he held very still and the MRI went great. After reviewing the images, the doctors told us that his tumor has reduced in size by 20 percent! They said that they would have been very pleased just to see zero growth, but to see shrinkage is even better. Kimball is such a fighter. The other good news is that now he only has to have his dose of steroids once a day instead of twice. Hopefully this will make for better moods, better weight gain, and better sleep (I know I said earlier that he was sleeping better, but he has severely regressed in recent weeks!). For now, the chemotherapy schedule will be the same--once a week. We are so proud of Kimball and so happy that things are getting better so quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I'm so glad that he's doing better! Yay! :)
Yay! Is he always fully sedated for the MRI? I've had one before, and I can imagine it would be pretty scary for him.
Yay! Great news!! I hope both of you can get some sleep soon.
Atta boy, Kimball! Isn't he so awesome! And his momma and daddy are such troopers too. I'm so proud of this little family :)
Hooray! That's wonderful news. I'm glad he's improving, and that you get to cut down on his steroids. Keep up the good work, Kimball!
So happy to hear it! Good job, Kimball!
That is great news! MRI's are scary for big people, can you imagine what they are for a little tyke!
What a little trooper! I am so glad for you guys that he tumor is shrinking! He is an amazing little guy! :)
YEAH!!! My whole family has done a happy dance for him. Tell Kimball not to worry about having to be sedated for an MRI, some of us adults have to be sedated too. Thats wonderful news that things are getting better. Way to go Kimball! Kick some tumor tookas!
We're so grateful. Hang in there!
Post a Comment