Monday, November 21, 2011

The Wit and Wisdom of Kimball



With Kimball's improving verbal skills comes more and more hilarious one-liners. Here is a sample:

"Han Solo say a Chewbacca, 'Laugh it up, fuzzball!'" (From Episode V, I believe. Kimball says it more like suzzball.)


To his friend: "Come in my room. This is my room"
Kimball's friend: "Oh, cool."

"A morning Daddy. You got a good sleep?"

"Sometimes me get sick. Sometimes me get better."

When he was mad at Jordan: "My wanna hit you!" (I'm just so proud that he used his words instead of his actions!)


When he opened the scriptures and pretended to read: "Um yeah, church, Star Wars house..."

I asked him "what do you say?" after he got some Halloween candy from a neighbor. He said, "Yay!"

When Jordan gave him a different answer than I did about something he wanted: "But I hear Mommy tell me..."

Kimball insists on saying every prayer, so when a prayer was given over the microphone at church, he narrowed his eyes, pointed, and growled, "Oooooh, dat guy do it!"

In reference to a Busy World of Richard Scarry DVD, "my no take Richard Scarry to Eliza's house. Dat scare Eliza." (I love that he thinks it is Richard SCARY, yet it's about the most benign children's video you can get.)

In his sleep last night, Kimball was coughing and sniffing, and you could tell there was a lot of gunk going on in his throat and nose. He sighed, "oh, gross", and turned over and went back to sleep.

Jordan took Kimball to a museum the other day and told him it was a museum of anthropology and archaeology. Kimball asked, "we go to Daddy's work now?" Jordan told him that no, it was a museum, and he said, "oh, ok." Later he started banging on the glass that houses the mummies, and said, "Daddy! Me work REAL hard now!"

And the best ones of all....

I give Kimball "underdogs" at the playground, you know, where you run under your child while pushing them in the swing. He calls them dog underwear, even after being corrected repeatedly. "Mom, you do dat dog underwear!" (Does he think the baby-style seat looks like a pair of underpants??)

The grand finale:
Kimball is sick and gave a huge and mighty sneeze in the car today. It sounded like a foghorn. I laughed hard and said "bless you." He said, "my have bless you on my face!"

5 comments:

Alison Downs said...

This phase is definitely in my top-ten favorites. It's great that you're recording his funny sayings!

Rachel said...

Kimball is too cute! I got a chuckle out of all of these sayings. :)

Deon said...

That's our boy! Glad to see the wit and wisdom didn't skip a generation!

I hope our little guy is feeling better. It's such a challenge to be witty while hacking up a lung, bless his heart.

Kathleen said...

He is TOO cute! I want to just gobble him up! I love that he wakes himself up from his cold but just rolls over and goes back to sleep, only after a little commentary.

Christine said...

Not even 3 years old and already quoting Star Wars! Awesome :)