When a toddler starts using this
like a sledgehammer on these
over and over again, even after you have begun a countdown to timeout and tried a lecture on treating our toys nicely,
looks at you like this
and this,

then slams both this
then this,
and tells you to go away, continually tests limits and rules and disobeys because the experience is worth the punishment, and always acts worse around his friends,
then I begin to think that the toddler isn't acting like a teenager. It is the teenager that is cursed with becoming two years old all over again.






7 comments:
Haha! Too funny! I love the attitude he is giving you in the pics :D
Seriously though, I remember so distinctly someone once telling me before I had teenagers that children progress at a good clip through their toddler and preteen years, and once they hit 13, they totally regress to being a toddler again, and that I should expect tantrums, poutiness, exerting independence, etc. So, you've nailed it perfectly, Ash.
And now, good luck . . .
We are experiencing some of the same types of attitudes as well. Addison will stomp her feet and then tell me that she is going to slam her door, run to her room and slam her door. I just laugh. What else are we really supposed to do when they act this way?
Good thing they're cute, right!?!?
Oh my word, his cocked eyebrow in that first picture of him is PRICELESS! How funny - his facial expressions, not his attitude. It will get better, I promise!
Haha, I love it! My favorite is when they decide to lie down in the middle of the crosswalk while one of your hands is full of groceries and there's a line of cars waiting for you. Crazy kids :).
Oh the joys of motherhood! It is a good thing he is so blasted cute!
In Kimball's defense, I had to look a long, long time to find pictures of him where he wasn't smiling!
Hahaha! It's so good to hear other people going through the same things we go through! You know it happens, but it's nice to hear about it and remind you that you're not alone. Zeb's latest antic is to whistle (really it's more of a high-pitched woot-woot) and say "Look at me, Mom!"
Post a Comment