So we are back in Utah to celebrate the holidays! We're having a wonderful time relaxing with family. Especially now that Kimball is sleeping more easily. It took a couple of days for him to adjust to a new bedroom and bed, but I venture to say that now he is sleeping longer at night and during the day than he does at home. That really does go a long way in making a "vacation" into a vacation. Kimball did awesome on the 11 hour drive by the way, despite sleeping only two of those 11 hours. He watched one movie, but mostly sat quietly and contentedly (maybe?) in the anticipation of seeing his grandparents. ("Man, mom, that was one long drive to grandpa's house!")
So far we've visited grandparents (Kimball's great-grandparents), seen True Grit (loved it!), made persimmon cookies (yeah, I had never seen a persimmon before either), wrapped a ton of presents, and I played my first game of Risk. It technically was never finished, but we called it off when it became obvious who the winner would be (not me). I think I've convinced my family to help me make homemade jelly filled doughnuts on Christmas Day (I was inspired by this), so I will report on how that goes, though I don't think anyone is nearly as excited by the project as I am!
I had every intention to mail out Christmas cards, but each little intention slowly disappeared until there were no intentions left at all (and I do not feel bad about that!). Instead, I emailed a letter. I sent it to everyone in my contact list, so if you didn't receive it, it just means I don't have your email address.
Here it is, in case you missed it. Merry Christmas everyone!


3 comments:
What a beautiful recount of your year! Thanks for sharing! I love, love, love your photos of the ocean and especially of your family! Merry Christmas! I just might pop by for a yummy jelly filled doughnut Christmas morning!
Glad your long drive with Kimball went ok, hopefully the drive home goes just as smoothly! I want to try the persimmon cookies and jelly doughnuts! Merry Christmas!
Cute card! I'm sure everyone in the Northeast is jealous that your Christmas card is of you in a T-shirt on the beach.
Glad y'all got to go back to Utah for the holidays!
Post a Comment