We have made it here to La Jolla, safe and sound, and we have quickly settled in to our new home! The apartment is huge and the area is beautiful. Right now I am typing outside the residential office and cafe at night, where there are tables set up and free internet. It is a beautiful evening. We will have our own internet by next Wednesday, so I'll post more next week sometime.
For now, here are a few pictures and videos to tide you over. I'll just say that while we miss family immensely, we are loving it here!!! Also, I love the beach!!!
Here is Kimball's first time at the beach.
He is cautious, but having lots of fun!
Keep watching, the water finally gets him in the end!
Here is his third time. A lot braver now!
We bought a zoo membership, and it has already been worth it.
The zoo is awesome, and only 20 minutes away.
Here Kimball is trying to mimic the lizard by sticking out his tongue.
A few pics of the new apartment.
Our lovely backyard.










9 comments:
Thanks goodness for internet cafe's. Those are some fun videos of Kimball at the beach. He sure has a cutie little giggle when running from the water.
I love how he runs from the water, giggling his cute little head off! I was laughing the whole time I watched the video! He is just too cute! I'm glad you are having a great time! The zoo membership is a great investment for your adventure out west!
I so love the fact that you captured Kimball's very first exposure to the beach on video! That is so precious, and it will be a true treasure for him to have when he is older. Not to mention the fact that we have been entertained by it all day watching it over and over!
When we were at Grandma Bea's today, we were showing the video to Mar, Grandma Bea, Jar, Sherm, the whole gang! Grandma Bea misses Baby so much! And you know how I feel . . . .
That is too cute! He was having such a good time. I can't believe how much you've already unpacked! When I move, I'll have you come unpack me. Haha! I'm in love with Kimball's hair and how vibrant it is. You'll have to send me your new address.
I picture Kimball surfing by the time he's three!
Glad you made it out there safely- the apartment looks awesome!
It all looks dreamy! So cute in the water... that'd be so fun to have a beach close with a baby. I love all of your bookshelves... it reminds me so much of packing and unpacking our books!!
That first video of Kimball is priceless!!! He is probably thinking "this is the biggest bath tub I've EVER seen!". I am jealous that you get to go to that fabulous zoo whenever you want! I remember loving that place when I was a kid!
You weren't kidding when you said y'all had a lot of books! Your place looks so cute, by the way.
The beach looks SO fun!!!
Glad you arrived safely! Your apartment looks really nice! Have you gotten yourselves all settled in now?
Post a Comment