Tuesday, October 5, 2010

San Diego Botanic Gardens

This morning Kimball and I went to the San Diego Botanic Gardens with some of our good friends here. Since I didn't get a picture of all the kiddos together at the gardens, here is a picture of Kimball with their little girls at our house a few weeks ago. Their daddy is also an anthropologist!


The SD Botanic Gardens are huge, gorgeous, and magical! There are two children's gardens, and that is mostly what we did today. But I would like to go back and take all of the trails I saw and explore the forests.

Here, Kimball rides a tortoise with great poise and dignity:


All of the children around Kimball also live in our apartment building! 
We just happened to all choose the same place for our outing today.



He got quite wet, but what's wrong with that?


Playing with a little wooden kitchen in a little wooden house.


Getting his neck tickled. 
The lady in red was a garden volunteer, and had caught a little lizard, 
which she was showing to the children.



K is for Kimball! And for a plant with a K-name I've forgotten. This was the Smell and Spell garden. Every letter in the alphabet was represented by a different plant.



Exploring a massive treehouse, complete with live moss and branches here and there.


This sign on the bench we passed on the way out was too good to pass up. 
My friend said, "the best wife and mom...and bench."


More attractions we missed but will see next time include a rainforest trail, a butterfly and caterpillar "zoo", craft time for little kids, and a music garden.

2 comments:

Deon said...

What a fun, fun day! I would love to explore all of those gardens with you! Kimball looks so much like a little kid now--just look at him with his little sports socks and sneakers :D Love Mrs. Bench's bench!

Unknown said...

I love the Bench's bench!
When did Kimball grow up? He looks much older than his year and a half!